Monday, February 2, 2009

Croatian Recipes in English

Hello All,

I have decided to start this blog because I love Croatian cakes. My mum and my mother in law and their friends make the best cakes and bring eachother cakes for Weddings, Christenings, Christmas and Easter. Once that generation is gone we will be bringing eachother cheesecakes not mađarice. I want to be able to continue the tradition with my friends and kumovi.

This blog is not limited to cakes. Recipes for sarma, punjeni paprike, burek, sirnica... anything are welcome!!

So the rules are that this is open to everyone that loves Croatian food and cakes. You have to make the recipes yourself so that you know that they work. Cheating and shortcuts are fine. Use your local measurements I will post a conversion table. Oh and please include your location and where the recipe is from as we all know different regions do things differently. And if you can include photos that would be helpful for those of us who aren't really domaćice.

Happy Cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment